- Use an over-the-counter medicine such as Excedrin Migraine, Extra Strength Tylenol, or Aleve.
- Lie down in a quiet, dark room.
- Apply a cold washcloth to your head.
- Drink a soda containing caffeine, or a cup of strong caffeinated coffee.
- Use relaxing massage techniques and gently massage your head, neck, face, and shoulders.
- If your doctor has prescribed drug therapy, take the recommended dosage at the onset of your migraine.
Wednesday, 20 November 2013
Follow these tips to help ease and shorten the headache's length
While in the throes of a migraine, it doesn't matter to you which kind of migraine you have, or what triggers it. What matters is getting fast relief. If you've had a migraine episode before, you know what precedes it, so you know what to expect. If you know a migraine is coming, following these tips may help ease the pain and shorten the length of the headache: