This is my first book review, but it was such a good book I want to encourage others to read it. I picked this author based on a recommendation from a friend's husband. It seems that one snowy day the husband ran out of his books to read, so he picked up one of his wife's books. He enjoyed it so much he ended up reading all the books written by this author. That sold me, now I'm just as hooked. I could not put the book down. I mean... I'm read it while riding around town doing errands, in the checkout line, in the dentist chair... I'm glad it was downloaded on my iPhone so it was always with me. When I started the book I thought it was going to be a typical romance novel with a predictable suspense plot, but I soon found out I was wrong. The author has you quickly relating to the lead character, who's torn between being a responsible adult trying to build a career versus being where her heart truly lays. I actually found my stress level lowering as I mentally rode along with the characters into the beautiful mountains and smelling the smells being described. Then BANG out of the blue, so unexpected, the action begins. I sure didn't see that coming nor any of the other twists and turns. The suspense and action continued up to the very end. I found myself holding my breath a time or two. What happens in this book makes you really think about what we could face in this world of conflict. All I can say is I can't wait to read Ms. McMahill's other books, which I heard, are just as well written. I now have a new favorite author.
GET YOUR COPY BY CLICKING ON THE COVER
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.