Saturday, 9 November 2013

Safety profile

Safety profile

Parsnip plant and its parts may cause hypersensitivity reactions like contact dermatitis and oral allergy syndrome (OAS) when handled in some sensitive individuals. The reaction symptoms may include rash and skin lesions. Some of the common OAS symptoms may include itching or burning sensation in the lips, mouth, and throat. In severe cases swelling of the lips, tongue, and redness in eyes, and breathing difficulty may be observed. Individuals with known history of allergy to birch category pollen agents like walnuts,fig, carrots, parsley, etc., may develop cross-sensitivity to parsnip and should be avoided. (Mediacal disclaimer).

No comments:

Post a Comment