- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained (BPA free can- I use these)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Combine all ingredients in a small pan and simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until slightly reduced. Mash with a potato masher to form a chunky sauce or lightly blend with an immersion blender. You can skip the simmering, but your sauce will be more watery and the flavors won't be as nicely married together.
- Recipe from Food.com